Thursday, July 21, 2011

A day in the studio...


Preparing to mount some linen...


All prepped and ready to hit the studio...


The colours of the day...


First stage... Pastel on raw linen...


And the magic begins as the colours mix...


Time to heat up the wax...


First layer of encaustic medium on and fused...


Setting up a little photo shoot for the next stage...


Photo shoot felt stilted and fake... Hopefully more time playing will help uncover some authenticity...


Blah! Heat gun just died - it does that sometimes... Must be a sign to start working with the flame...


Contemplating an image...


Line work...


Burnishing the transfer...

Revealing the transfer, now to fuse...


Not yet titled
Encaustic and transfer on mounted linen
600 x 600mm
2011
  

4 comments:

  1. woot! What a great project! Sorry for the trouble with the flame (god, I have that all the time ;p)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...so much expression!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing process, I've never seen anything like it, I love your creation! :)
    This week I've felt really stuck with my drawing and nothing I've created felt right but you've reminded me of pastels, something I used to use a lot but for some reason haven't used for a while, I think I'll change that now. Thank you for giving me inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and for leaving me a comment. It brightens my day!